"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified: do not be discouraged, for the LORDyour God will be with you wherever you go. " - Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Conflict

"You guys look like a couple that never even fights" were the words my brothers girlfriend Trina said to me one day. While it is nice to appear that way , that is far from the truth. We fight just like everybody else. At this current time we might fight more than everyone else however. We have been dealing with stress for the past almost 2 years and it has finally gotten to us.
Last night we got into an argument that was never suppose to happen . Any outsider looking in will think are problems are so small and not even worth fighting for. That person is right. I have no real problem with my husband, and to my believe he has no real problem with me. What we do have is stress. Stress from work, life, selling the house, the future, our boys. We let this stress get to us and we take it out on the only person that is around.
You know how they say that you shouldn't fight in front of your kids, until now I thought mine being 1 and 2 were too young to know what was going on. Boy was I wrong. Yesterday in our home when we started raising our voices, little Hayden ran over to us yelling at the top of his lungs. Of course he was speaking Hayden so no real words were spoken but anger was in his voice and he was trying to get a point across. Mommy and Daddy you need to stop fighting!
My children are my worlds. ......My family is my world. I am so ready for this season in our life to be over and to start a new one. A happier one!
So we are looking for a new home church this weekend. Hopefully we can find one. We really do need to get back into going. Ill let you guys know how all this turns out.

Let's Pray
Father, thank You for the peace You bring to my life. I celebrate You as the Prince of Peace and Lord of Lords. Please help me to be a woman of peace. I pray that You will help me learn how to confront others in a way that pleases and honors You and restores others.

In Jesus' name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment