"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified: do not be discouraged, for the LORDyour God will be with you wherever you go. " - Joshua 1:9

Monday, January 18, 2010

Chapel

Today I went to the chapel here at the hospital for the first time. I walk by it everyday and I wonder what it's like inside , but never once had i had the courage to go in . Today however it was different. I walked by and for once walked up to it and went inside. A feeling of calm and sadness both over came me. I have not been to church in a very long time. I LOVE church , but somehow have not made priority to go on Sundays. I plan to go every weekend and somehow always make excuses not to go . So I walked in and took a kneel . I did what I most often dont do and that is just give God praise. I find myself asking for things to happen , asking why me, and hardly ever thank you God. I mean i throw in the thank you for my childrens health another day of life, but never thorogly sat and thought about how truly blessed I am . Well I kneeled there and prayed for a good 15 minutes. I think I am going to do this more often, because It just got me going on my work day with a great God filled spirit.

On another note Dr.Bonnen is the surgeon I work for and he is now stuck in Haiti. He left yesterday and with so many flight plan changes he now does not have a way back . If anybody can help please do so . I dont even know what to do or how to feel. Please pray that all this works out !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment