"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified: do not be discouraged, for the LORDyour God will be with you wherever you go. " - Joshua 1:9

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Psalm 106:1 (NIV) "Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."





Okay so today's homework is for me to look back at 2009 and make a list of the five toughest trials I went through last year,and think about the results of each trial. Did God see me through it? Did I learn a new lesson or truth? Can I give God praise for some part of that trial?

Lets see the 5 things that stick out about last year. 1)My husband received a substantial pay and hour cut. 2)My house went on the market with no luck. 3) Brody missed the deadline for health insurance and had none all year. 4.)My grandfather passed away. 5.)My husband decided to join the Air Force.

Even know as I am writing these things an uneasy feeling overwhelms me. We are still very much affected by many of these. However we do have light at the end of the tunnel. It is 2010 and we are still here. That in itself is proof that God very much got us through it all. I know that many times I gave up. I threw in the towel. I focused on all the horrible things in life and not so much on all the positive. I remember in October, we finally got a contract on the house. All of a sudden I was filled with praise and joy for God . I was like I knew you would make it work ....I just knew it....and then not even a week later they pulled out of the contract. My dreams and hopes came crashing down and I blamed one person. I would look up and say why me? Why us? Never understanding he would work this out in his own time. His time was not my time and this made it really hard. I hated Ferguson (the company my husband works for) ...well when i say hated....that is past tense...I still hate it . ha ha Well hate is a strong word...lets just say if Ferguson was human and i saw it walking down the street I would kick it.

However God has been at worked in early 2010 it showed. Me got approved for a short sale after going through the long paperwork process..months and months..Brody got his Cigna card in the mail. Brian got some of his hours back, and in 35 days we will be on a cruise to Cozumel . Due to a wonderful blessing my family has sen our way !!!

I was such a non obedient child..I gave up on my faith at the times I needed it the most. I have learned that God no matter how many times I doubted him , turned my back ...He was busy at work. He is still busy at work and now my Grandpa Carl is busy helping him....

No comments:

Post a Comment