"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified: do not be discouraged, for the LORDyour God will be with you wherever you go. " - Joshua 1:9

Friday, January 29, 2010

Praise you in this storm


Today I woke up and it was storming. I hate driving in the rain. I felt so scared, driving with my hands at 10 and 2, 5 senses on, driving about 25 mph. It’s especially scary because for a large portion on the route from my home to the nanny’s there is no light. So with the rain pouring down you cant see anything in front of you. My main motive for driving so carefully is to get my children and me to our destination safely. There would be occasional potholes, or unexpected puddles of water, and my heart would jump every time I hit one. 1 hour later I sit at work, wet, but safe. My children are with Mrs. Guzman and my husband made it safely to work. We made it through the storm, even though the whole time we were right in the middle of it, I was scared to death.

You guys are probably thinking, BIG deal …people drive in the rain all the time. However it was during this drive that I figured life is a lot like driving in the rain. At least life for us at the moment. We right now are in the middle of the storm, the rain is pouring down and we are driving down a dimly lit road. However we can see headlights up ahead and we know that if we catch up to it we will be guided through the storm. The headlights are God and the solution to our dilemma. We see the solution and it’s not far from us, but we cant seem to catch up to it at the moment…

We know the storm wont last forever and one day the sky will clear and the sun will come out. As for today, we have our hands on 10 and 2 …we will focus on the headlights up ahead, even when i hit a few pot holes…. and we will wait for this storm to pass. All we want to do is get our children to the other side…..that’s it .

I dont know if this makes sense at all to you ...but to me it does at the moment = )

No comments:

Post a Comment